Dolphin Swim & Snorkel
- Duration: 60 Minutes
- Location: Sandy Bay, Roatan
- Product code: PGE5BV
Experience a dolphin interaction activity like no other!
In this unstructured dolphin activity, the naturally curious dolphins are free to interact with you as they choose! Your Dolphin Snorkel begins as you travel across the resort's lagoon to Bailey’s Key, the private home to a large family of Atlantic Bottlenose dolphins. At a beach-front cabana, a brief orientation will be given, and then you'll walk along a white sandy beach to wade waist-deep into the gin-clear waters of the Caribbean, where a trained naturalist will give you a personal introduction to a resident dolphin.
The trainer will describe the dolphins’ characteristics, anatomy, and behaviors and will give you the opportunity to touch, kiss, and play with a member of this friendly family of marine mammals. During the 30-minute encounter portion, you'll have excellent photo opportunities in addition to professional photographs that will be taken of you and your new friends.
Following the encounter, you’ll snorkel with a limited number of fellow participants for approximately 30 minutes with over a dozen resident dolphins within the enclosure. The snorkel session will provide maximum opportunities for physical contact with the dolphins. If the dolphins choose not to interact, they have a private area within the two-acre enclosure.
- Participants must be 8 years or older and be accompanied by a parent or guardian while snorkeling to participate.
- Participants must have prior snorkeling experience and be familiar with using a mask, fins, and snorkel.
- Cameras or videos are not allowed in the water during the snorkel session.
- The total time spent with the dolphins is one hour.
- Pregnant women are not allowed.
PLEASE NOTE: This activity does not include land transportation to and from Anthony’s Key Resort. We recommend that you hire a private driver or taxi to our location.